- Lots of work on the virtual filesystem integration. It currently looks like this (more info about that in a blogpost later):
- Game will now start as fullscreen by default
- Material switching bugs in combination with multidae: the signals, lights and breaking glass broke when changing parts on the vehicle
- Fixed spotlights teleporting during the first two frames they are visible
- Fixed up resources to work with case sensitive filesystems correctly
- Improved collision stability
- We added fading to the ends of the roads, that makes merging them much easier. Before/after:
- Tests with a crushing roller:
- We have our own IRC server now: irc.beamng.com : 6667 – it is linked to the old IRC server, so you will not notice much changes.
- We fixed the Collada exporter up, so we could get the terrain 3D mesh to export correctly into a .dae file
- Oh, and a hamster wheel 😀
- Worked on a Frame limiter: it should cap the FPS so we get a more fluid gameplay experience (addition benefit: we can test and debug low FPS scenarios)
- Worked on the new vehicle selector:
- Created proof of concept for new approach to input binding – what do you think?
- Continued improving the input system. Nearly all controllers are well recognized now. We also wrote a little input visualization tool and finished the xinput UI integration: