Italy Release and Map Upgrades
28 November 2018
We thought it would be good to fill you in on some behind the scenes stuff going on so here’s two big things currently in progress.
We are hard at work polishing Italy for a release in the 2nd half of December. This will be a work in progress release with more work to come early 2019.
We are all super excited to be able to share this with you however in order to temper expectations here is what to expect from the release:
Industrial port area is blocked off (needs assets)
Old fort needs work and is blocked off
Some models may be placeholder and be improved in future to be more authentic
Missing some buildings or points of interest
Almost all roads completed
Forest and natural areas complete
City and towns almost complete
Sounds and effects throughout the map
AI roads/paths done
There are a staggering amount of roads to explore. Italy is 4km x 4km; four times larger than the largest map before it. Below are some screenshots of the current version.
In addition to creating new content we are also well aware that the old content is showing its age now and doesn’t really compare well with the new stuff. DoullPepper has come on board and already done some great work improving the old maps to a much higher quality standard. The current priority is the oldest maps first, working up to the newer ones.
There is still performance optimization work and details to be added yet though so the updated maps won’t be coming quite yet. Doullpepper has taken some great shots of his work:
We are all hard at work and looking forward to letting you experience this as well.
Third hotfix for 0.14 released
27 November 2018
This third hotfix for BeamNG.drive version 0.14 fixes some important crashes and more.
- Fixed crash when online features are enabled. Thanks to Rewzu for the help in tracking down the cause of this problem 🙂
- Repository settings “Auto update” disabled by default
- Brought back ‘Hard Parking’ scenario
- Fixed crash when deleting decal roads
- Fixed crash when editing terrain in editor
- Fixed forest editor not deleting objects of a type after all have been deleted
- Fixed automation vehicles not being selectable in quickrace menu
- Fixed Sunburst steering breaking at high speeds and full lock
- Fixed instability of ETK KC6T with Hirochi wheels
- Fixed ‘External’ camera glitches when driving faster than 210mph and then switching camera
- Fixed duplicate cameras when clicking too quickly in Options > Camera ordering buttons
- Fixed ‘Driver’ camera behaving incorrectly on LHD vehicles after having driven a RHD vehicle
An up to date list of known issues can be found in the dedicated Feedback & Bug Reporting Thread here.
Instructions on how to update the game here.
- Fixed Track Builder obstacle placement
- Fixed Track Builder not working in reverse (Time Trials/Light Runner)
Second hotfix for 0.14
09 November 2018
In this second hotfix for BeamNG.drive version 0.14 we are continuing the process of resolving issues reported by the community as well as deploying fixes identified by the dev team.
- Fixed playing track in reverse not working in Time Trials and Light Runner
- Fixed tiny camera movements when approaching or leaving the BeamNG.drive window borders
- Disallowed extreme field of view angles to prevent graphic issues
- Fixed ‘External’ camera using incorrect vehicle position when set as default camera
- Fixed speed-sensitive steering limits not working correctly
- Removed two non-working input actions
- Fixed possible crash when handling vehicles with very large or very small amounts of nodes
- Removed experimental work-in-progress replay options from Options > Other menu
- Fixed crashes when opening replays if the aforementioned options had been enabled in the past
- Fixed incorrect filesystem error logs when a recording is succesfully stopped
- Added Seven Trials Bridge: A difficult and long track, featuring seven different challenging track styles
- Fixed being able to click on Track pieces while in Drive or Test mode
- Fixed obstacle placement not working
- Fixed Linear Interpolation for height not using the correct slope
- Custom Slope now auto-enables to prevent gaps in tracks when using advanced interpolations for height
- Resetting checkpoint size now sets the size to the width of the track piece
- Windows no longer exactly overlap upon opening them
- Added description and difficulty fields for saving tracks (and all existing tracks)
- Reworked the drop in Kraken Incorporated, made Nosedive track shorter
- Fixed a bug where the width was calculated incorrectly on thin tracks
- Added a few more decals for materials and border shapes
- Fixed textures for obstacles not showing up in some levels
- Fixed cannon not being able to shoot
- Re-enabled gearbox debug and shift decision apps
- Fixed bug with beam counts > 32768
- New max beams limit is 65534
- Fixed static collision debug tool
- Fixed lag when updating mods using in-game repository
- Fixed ‘Change Configuration’ button taking you to Quick Race menu in Light Runner mode
- Fixed garage not loading correctly when a level had been loaded previously
- Decreased step value on fog slider
- Fixed settings\base.ini not being created if doesn’t exist. Would only cause debug messages to be visible by default in the console
Notable Known IssuesAn up to date list of known issues can be found in the dedicated Feedback & Bug Reporting Thread here.
Instructions on how to update the game here.