5th year anniversary + hotfix: Thank you!
Today is our 5-year annivesary since our first public alpha release.
Whether you have been with us since those early days, or you’ve discovered and joined our community more recently, we want to sincerely thank you for your support.
All your feedback, suggestions, bug reports, the effort to create mods, the creative and inventive video compilations… all of that is greatly appreciated and has helped BeamNG.drive grow and flourish.
Keep being awesome, it motivates us a lot to do an even better job in the future.
From the whole BeamNG team: Thank you!
We haven’t had time to make some special release for this anniversary (as a few of you expected), since we’ve been hard at work as usual, ironing out more remaining issues. Little spoiler we are working on right now:
Regardless, we’re happy to release another hotfix which, as a bonus, also includes great improvements to the force feedback system. Most of you should notice much greater detail and smoothness, even in computers with the lowest framerates.
Here’s the full list of changes:
Improved Force Feedback (FFB):
- Much faster self-steering or countersteering ability
- Forces are much smoother when FPS is lower than 60
- More detailed forces, subtle changes in grip are easier to feel now
These improvements are fairly new even for us, so you may need to play with the FFB settings to extract the most out of it. Here’s some things you can try:
- Players with below 60 frames per second may try reducing “Slow Smoothing”
- Keep Fast and Slow Smoothing similar in value to each other
- Some may need to boost “Strength” by 10-20%
Please refer to our steering wheel setup guide
for more information.
Instructions on how to update the game here.
Bug reporting/Help Thread here.
- Fixed rear wheel skidplates (missed entry from 0.13.0.3)
- Fixed Semi Dumptruck and Cement Mixer steering alignment
- Fixed Moonhawk mirrors becoming jiggly after small impact
- Fixed several small garage issues
- Fixed Utah Mixed Road Time Trial
- Fixed invisible vehicle after visiting Parts Manager menu and then recording a replay
- Fixed lag on bigger Track Builder Tracks